Saturday, April 11, 2009

Causing chaos!

I have just spent the better part of 2 hours fixing up something that should never have been mucked up. And it was entirely my fault!

My husband and I run a dairy farm and this business has its own website and blog. The blog has been going for about a year now and has plenty of information on it. When I decided to start my own blog for "Graceful Impressions", I simply created a new blog under the account that we use for the farm blog.

Bad idea.

Particulary if you want to display seperate profiles. Earlier today, when viewing the farm blog (click here if you want to view it!), I noticed that under the area of "about us" it spoke about how I had become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and that anyone could do what I do. Nothing to do with milking cows and running a farm. Confident that Mark (hubby) would think this NQR, I decided to delete the blog from that account, sign up to blogger using my own account and go from there.

Not that simple, I'm afraid. Because you see, I wanted - obviously - to keep the name Graceful Impressions as the blog address. But because the author and owner was Craiglands, I couldn't register it. Arghhhhhh! Panic now starts to set in.

At the apex of my disaster, I had 2 accounts with about 5 blogs between them, some that had been deleted, some that had dodgy URL's....it was a nightmare. It is at this juncture that I would like to point out the fabbo help area that blogger has. I know others have not been happy with various aspects of blogger, but to date, any issue I have, has been able to be rectified almost immediately. Although, this might also mean that my problems are not all that big (only in my mind) and that countless others have made the same mistakes as me!

Anyway, the upshot is, after inviting myself to be an admin (with different email addresses) on various sites, then removing myself as admin on others, I have successfully transferred over the ownership of 'Graceful' to me (Sam) and away from Craiglands, without loosing any data from either blog!!!

Hurrah!!!

Now I'm off to have a bit of a stiff drink before updating you on all things 'Graceful' and SU!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - a few heart attacks along the way there I bet! Glad you got it all sorted out Sam. Cheers, Sue

    ReplyDelete