Saturday, August 21, 2010

Another sneak peek

As promised, here is another sneak peek...in fact, 2 peeks! (Before I start, I have to apologise for my atrocious photography skills tonight.....both photos are crooked!!! And cropping them has only served to make them look worse!)

I am loving the new DSP for the upcoming year....it is so nice and the patterns do a lot of the work for you. This card is very simple - a single stamped imaged that has been matted twice (on blue and chocolate cardstock) and a ribbon. Easy!

Materials used:
Stamp set - Friends never Fade (NEW!)
Cardstock - Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White
DSP - Greenhouse Gala (NEW!)
Other - 1" Chocolate Chip Ribbon (retiring)


This card is SUPER simple.....in fact it is so simple, that I am going to use it as a step up card. What do I mean? Well, all I mean is that while this card is very nice, I think it can have a bit more to it. This is what we mean by 'stepping up'. So watch this space in the next day or so, to see what I come up with after working on this card a bit more! On the same token, I think that this is a pretty effective card in its own right and is the top preference of a couple of people that I have shown it to. So simple often works. Sometimes you just gotta let the DSP work for you.

Materials used:
Stamp set - Perfect Punches (NEW!)
Cardstock - So Saffron
DSP - Greenhouse Gala (NEW!)
Other - 3/4" Real Red Polka Dot ribbon (retired Summer Mini Catty), used on the reverse side.

1 comment: