Thursday, September 23, 2010

Background stamps

I must confess to not using background stamps much. Mainly because until recently, I didn't own any! I purchased the Medallion stamp when it was in the previous mini catalogue, but has now made it to the main IB&C (p 87) and have used that for a variety of projects including cards, bookmarks and book covers. (see examples HERE and HERE)

I recently saw this Belle Toile background stamp (also p 87) used by other demonstrators and thought that it was so effective. Let me tell you, it is MUCH better in real life than what you will see in the catalogue and online. Beautiful details and because of this, can form the basis for your whole card. As you can see, all I have added is a bit of cardstock and some ribbon. Simple, easy, effective and elegant.

Have a think about purchasing some background stamps for yourself. I think you will be very pleased that you have a couple in your stash.

Materials used:
Stamps - Belle Toile (b'ground), Just Believe
Ink - Basic Black
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Other - 1 1/4" black striped GG ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhhh beautiful. I thought it was a patterned paper at first. It is a really lovely card. I am not normally into black and white.

    ReplyDelete