Friday, September 3, 2010

a la carte stamps

For those of you with the new catalogue in your hot little hands, you will have noticed that for the first time, single stamps - or a la carte stamps - have made it into the main book. We saw these introduced to our market through a couple of the mini cattys, and they were obviously a huge hit, as SU! has decided to make them a regular feature!

These stamps are perfect for the beginner as you can buy a stamp, some ink and some mixed cardstock and not break the bank! Or, they are ideal to give as a small gift to another crafting friend. Plus, the 'kind heart' stamp covers anyone that wants to make cards to sell, under the angel policy (speak to me for further details on this).


I ordered the 'For You Flower' stamp which is matched to the 'Fancy Flower Extra Large' punch (p146). Using these two products together makes for a very easy and quick card. I have made the card pictured for my father-in-law for Father's Day. I don't think that it matters that it is a flower. Construct your card in manly colours and it is perfect. For the card shown, I stamped the entire image in Pacific Point ink on Whisper White cardstock before punching out. I then cleaned the stamp, coloured in just one portion of the words (in this case, For You) with a Real Red marker and then punched this out using a 1" circle punch. I layered this over the top using a dimensional. I think this gives it a little something extra for not a lot of effort.


Give me a call to place your orders out of the 2010-11 catalogue. Stay tuned for product shares and product bundles that will be announced this weekend. I will also be announcing some great incentives courtesy of Graceful Impressions for hostesses that hold a workshop in September or October.

Materials used:
Stamp - For You Flower (a la carte)
Cardstock - Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink - Pacific Point, Real Red marker
Other - Pacific Point striped gg ribbon (retired), Fancy Flower punch, 1" circle punch, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment