Monday, October 4, 2010

Christmas baubles

On my last order, I put down for some of the new shimmer paint (p143) and I have to say that I am very impressed! So too is my daughter Biddy, who decided that she would also have a 'play' with it. Suffice to say, the shimmer paint DOES wash out of clothes and easily off skin! However, it does say on the bottle that if you use it on fabric, you need to heat set it. I obviously washed in cold water.


But, I used it on cardstock and got a lovely result. It is a bit tricky to photograph however, and I needed to go outside in the sun, but in real life, it looks pretty good indoors as well. It was easy to use as well. I just used a sponge dauber and applied it direct to the stamp and stamped as usual. I also experimented on a scrap piece of cardstock to see what it looked like as a general 'wash' and it looks good. It would make a good background.


I have used a number of new things on this simple card; the Contempo Christmas stamp set, three new punches, the white organza ribbon and three of the new colours of cardstock. As I mentioned in the post below, the trick to producing lots of cards to send out at Christmas is to make sure that you keep them simple enough that they don't get you bogged down, but are still eye catching for the recipient. I think that the shimmer paint will help in this respect, especially as you don't need to use very much and it is quick and simple to use.

Materials used:
Stamp - Contempo Christmas
Ink - Soft Suede
Cardstock - Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Pear Pizazz
Other - White Organza ribbon, Ornament punch, modern label punch, scallop trim border punch, champagne shimmer paint, sponge dauber, sponge, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment