Sunday, October 3, 2010

Christmas Card class

Yes, it is that time of year again when we need to start thinking about the design of the Christmas cards we are going to be sending out. You may like to come up with one design and make all your cards as such, or you may like to customise each of the cards you send out. Either way, NOW is the time to think about them, buy your supplies and start creating.

My own timeframe in making Christmas cards is to get them all done by the second week of November. That way, I have some time up my sleeve if I find I need to give extras. I also try to keep my designs relatively simple. I find that when I am doing a lot (I send out around 50) I find the whole job quite onerous if I have to do too many fiddly bits. Now that there is an ornament punch (p147) that matches Contempo Christmas (p24) and Delightful Decorations (p25) stamp sets, creating cards should be a snap!

My next class - October 16th - will focus on creating Christmas cards. We will be making a number of them, incorporating some new Christmas sets, and the new shimmer paint (p143). You can use one of my designs to make your own personal cards, or you might like to use them as inspiration. Either way, this class will help you get started.

As always, my classes are booking up FAST. The Christmas class is extremely popular and I only have a couple of spaces left. Contact me ASAP to reserve your place. I will be posting more details about the class including some pictures in the next day or so, so keep your eye on this blog for that information.

No comments:

Post a Comment