Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Birthday invites

My middle child - Biddy - is rapidly coming up to her 3rd birthday. Hence, Christmas is rapidly coming up too, as they fall on the same day! Because she has such a tragic birth date, we celebrate her day a month earlier. As such, it always seems to take me by surprise. Fortunately, she is still young enough to have just a few family and the odd friend come to celebrate and she thinks it is a huge deal. God love 'em!

I finished her birthday invites this afternoon. Biddy is horse mad...and I mean MAD...so of course, when I saw this Pony Party set in the old autumn/winter catty, I had to buy it for her. Luckily for me, it made the current IB&C, so I have an opportunity to show you my creations as well.


These invites started out COMPLETELY differently in my head. Isn't that the way though? And even as I was actually constructing them, I was changing bits and pieces. Hence, they took much longer than they should have, but I am thrilled with them. As you can see in the pic, I used a range of colours for both the horses and the cardstocks.

Biddy with one of her invites

The benefit of doing small things like this (these cards measure 11 x 10cm) is that you can use up cardstock scraps, ribbon scraps and for the acetate wings, I used some window sheets left over from my Greenhouse Gala class. Some bits are new though, such as the colours (inks and cardstock), ribbon and of course the corner punch.

On the weekend just gone, I attended the SU! Regionals in Melbourne. I had a great time, participated in some swaps and practiced some techniques that I had long forgotten. One of these was the watercolouring which is how I coloured in the horses on the invites. I was all inspired. I will come back with a separate post on Regionals later on.


Finally, I am about to send out my November newsletter (yes, yes.... running late again!), and in it, I remind my customers that in the run up to Christmas and gift giving, that I am able to provide gift vouchers. Gift vouchers start at $25 and go as high as you would like to spend. These are perfect to give to someone that is interested in crafting as they can use the money to spend on any SU! products, or they might like to use the money for a class. In addition, if YOU would like to receive one from loved ones, simply tell them to contact me via mobile or email and I will sort all the details out for them. For Christmas, I will even package the vouchers up and have them ready to simply hand over on the 25th December. Easy, simple, quick and WANTED Christmas presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment