Thursday, December 23, 2010

Some special Chrissy cards


My husbands family does a Kriskringal (sp?) for Christmas which means that I only have to buy for 2 (let's face it, whoever Mark draws means I also have to buy for them!!). This year, I drew my MIL and one of my SILs. Both of them are customers of mine (and hopefully not reading this blog before Christmas....if so LOOK AWAY LIBBY AND JUDY!!!!! Oh, and MUM - because I'm going to post your card too!!! I have moved away from the traditional look for Christmas cards, but have added in either sentiments, or touches of colour to tie back to Christmas festivities.


But I thought you might like to see them before we start kicking back and enjoying good food and company.

I decided on a vintage look, simply because my order from the mini catalogue came through the other day, and it contained a number of things on these cards! There is a lot going on in these 3 cards, so let me break it down for you:
Firstly, I have to apologise for the use of stamp here. It is a retired one called "Toile Blossoms". However, if you would like to replicate this look, simply use 'Easter Blossom' (mini) or 'Elements of Style' in the IB&C instead.
Cardstock - Very Vanilla
DSP - Holiday Treasures (retired)....simply use another DSP that takes your fancy
Ink - Crumb Cake, Red Riding Hood, Choc Chip, Soft Suede, Real Red (marker), Old Olive (marker)
Stamp - Very Vintage (wheel), Toile Blossoms (retired), a non SU! sentiment
Other - Chantilly lace, Pearls, white gel pen, Gold Smooch Spritz

Cardstock - Very VanilLa, Blushing Bride
DSP - Newsprint, Holiday Treasures (retired)
Ink - Choc Chip (ink and marker), Red Riding Hood, Certainly Celery (marker), Soft Suede, Real Red (marker)
Stamp - Bella Toile (background), Rough Type
Other - Chantilly lace, Vintage Trinkets, Mini Vintage Tags, White gel pen, gold smooch spritz

Cardstock - Very Vanilla
DSP - Holiday Treasures (retired)
Ink - Blushing Bride, Soft Suede, Red Riding Hood, Choc Chip, Pear Pizzazz, Sahara Sand
Stamp - Itty Bitty Bits, Just Believe, a non SU! sentiment, Very Vintage (wheel)
Other - Big Shot, tags, Bitty Buttons, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Pearls, Chantilly lace, white gel pen, Vintage Trinkets

items UNDERLINED are available in the Summer mini catalogue. Contact me to purchase these items, as they are a limited time offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment