Saturday, February 19, 2011

Introducing "Graceful Sketches"

Now I do not promise to constantly bang these out like other websites do (such as PageMaps, Mojo Monday, Get Picky etc), but I thought I might offer some inspiration to those that are stuck for designing scrapbook layouts or cards.

First up is a sketch for a 12x12 scrapbook layout, although you can adapt this sketch for a card. Flip it, turn it around, add or subtract items....it is up to you to interpret. These sketches (and others provided on the web and in mags) are simply platforms to get your own creativeness flowing.

And this is my take on the sketch, which incidentally is a layout I have created for the Picture to Page papercraft show to be held in Geelong on March 5 & 6th. Come along to see other creations!

In the picture, you can't tell what is under the picture on the left side, but it is a piece of black cardstock that I have cut a strip of then written "Isabella Mary 11.8.2011" in white gel pen then sprayed with the Shimmer Ink (champagne) and isocol mix (see tutorial). In real life, it is sparkly, but you can still read it. The flash of the camera has picked up the sparkles and this is why it is hard to see in the picture.

Just to draw your attention to a couple of products, you will note the patterned paper I have used behind the picture of Bella. It is actually one of the Pesto Patterns DSP sheets that I sprayed with the Silver Foil Smooch Spritz and then gentle rubbed over the paper and wiped off any excess. Trust me, it looks fabulous in real life! I also used the Frost White Shimmer Ink on a dauber and applied directly to the Medallion background stamp to give that white opaque image on black cardstock. And I have used one of the SAB sets, Bliss, for the accents and the title.

You will also note that I have used some retired products - the hat pin and pearls from the old Pretties kit - and I also used a non SU! die to cut the label. As I have mentioned before, I have no problem using a range of items including non SU! products on scrapbook pages and cards. Especially items that are already in your stash. It is better to use them than let then gather dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment