Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm back!

I'm back from convention  2011 and all energised and full of great ideas for both my business and you as individual customers.  It never ceases to amaze me the wonderful and creative talents we have in Australia in our SU! demonstrators.  The quality of swaps (eg card fronts) was a lot higher this year than in any other I have participated in, showing us that we are growing and evolving as individual artists.

There were some exciting announcements made during the convention which I will tell you over the next couple of days and we got to see a number of sneak peeks which unfortunately for you, I cannot share :(  However, rest assured from the very limited amount that we saw, you are going to LOVE what is coming in the upcoming IB&C.

On a personal note, as you know from some of my previous posts and e-newsletters, I exceeded my own goals I set for the 2010 year (up to April this year).  I sold over $20,000 worth of product which earned me a $20K recognition pin and a free stamp set from the upcoming IB&C (so I can't show you it).  I also got to walk across stage with fellow demonstrators that earned the award as well.  It was very exciting for me and a great boost to my ego I can tell you!

There are some amazing sales demos though and one in particular comes from New Zealand, who sold over $100,000 worth of product all  by herself!  In one year!  OMG, what an achievement.  She did take out the top demonstrator of the year for NZ.  I am happy to report that the #1 demonstrator for the year in Australia was Angela Sargeant who happens to be my upline's upline!  And the #1 sales demonstrator for Australia was a friend of mine from NSW.  So it was a very exciting night for our immediate team!

I thought I would leave you with a picture of my swap that I took to convention.  This is a quick but effective little note card that you can easily whip up from scraps of paper and cardstock.  Remember to keep an eye on this blog for announcements of some of the exciting things that came out of convention 2011.


Materials used:
Stamps - Nature's Walk, With Thanks
Cardstock - Very Vanilla & Pear Pizzazz (I also made swaps with Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler and So Saffron which were in place of the Pear Pizzazz you see in the picture)
DSP - Botanical Gazzette
Ink - Basic Grey, More Mustard marker (although I used Daffodil Delight on the swaps I took - Bella 'lost' the mustard marker just before I went to use it!)
Other - square punch, square scallop punch, modern label punch, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment