Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bella's first birthday!!

I know! How can a year go by so fast?  I really seems like it has happened in the blink of an eye.  I know everyone says that, and I know that people say that as you get older, time goes faster.  But it is TRUE.  So sad.

In the past few weeks and days, Bella has mastered crawling, is standing by herself for a few seconds at a time (getting longer each time), has cut 4 teeth (the 4th one was Sunday), is starting to reject breastfeeding (sigh...), is becoming her own little person and is comfortably in the 25% percentile weight range!  Yay!

We held her birthday party on Sunday and whilst the weather wasn't all that kind (the rain did stay away for the majority of the time), we had a great time with family and friends celebrating such an important milestone.  Today is her actual birthday and there have been times throughout the day that I have been a bit teary, knowing that with all probability, that this is the last 1st birthday that our household will celebrate for one of our kids.  The fact that she is nearly walking means that she is almost no longer a baby, but a toddler.

So why am I posting about Bella?  Well, apart from being a proud mummy today, I wanted to show you a few of the items that I made for her birthday using SU! items.  The theme of her birthday was ladybugs, and I got the idea after running my May class which featured punch art characters...one of which was a ladybug.  I thought they looked cute and were dead easy to do.

I started the theme with the invitations.  These were simply Real Red and Basic Black cardstock that I cut using my circle scissors cutter (the red circle slightly larger than the black) and the heads were a combination of the oval punches in Basic Black and Pink Pirouette and some eyes from one of the tiny circle punches.  The spots were made using one of the larger circle punches (if you want actual measurements, email me).


The lolly bags were made using the mini lunch sacks out of the Autumn/Winter catty and a strip of Love Letters or Jolly Holiday DSP and a bit of black cardstock edged using the curly label punch.  The ladybug was made as per the punch art class I held.  I am seriously going to stock up these before the catty runs out.


This is the card we gave Bella.  It is actually the card that we made in the punch art class, but it is so cute, I couldn't bear not to use it.  Plus, it is oversized, so a little hard to keep in my samples stash as it doesn't fit in the container I use to cart them all around!


I have also popped on here a picture of the marquee when it was nearly decorated.  This was thanks to my cousin Emma and my uncle Bret.  You can see how I followed the ladybug theme right through.  The large ladybugs on the wall were the same as the invites, but I just used large pieces of red and black cardstock and some black spot stickers from the newsagents. Those black spots got a workout because that is what is on all those balloons....I couldn't buy ladybug balloons anywhere!!!


Of course, I had to follow the theme with the cake, and I copied the card and the lolly bags for the design.


Finally, here is a picture of the little miss.  Isn't she a darling?


Thanks for indulging me!  Stay tuned this week for the retired stamps that I will be posting on here.  Remember, first in, best dressed and CASH ONLY (or direct deposit).  Also, my monthly e-newsletter will be going out tomorrow, so if you don't already receive it and you would like to have it appear magically in your inboxes each month (!), simply enter your email addy in the box up the top of my blog or email me and I'll add you.

1 comment:

  1. oohhh! she's adorable Sam. and I love how much trouble you went to make her very first birthday so special. What an amazing mum you are!

    ReplyDelete