Saturday, July 30, 2011

Card and a Half sketch

How many of you have been following the Card and a Half sketches?  It never ceases to amaze me the wonderful talent that is out there.  I feel like a very small fish in a very big pond when comparing my stuff to the masses!!

 Sketch #3


This is my latest take on the current sketch.  I turned it 90 degrees anti-clockwise and put the twine over the top of the image instead of something underneath it.  But that is what sketches are all about.  They are a starting point for your own creativity.  I must admit, it started off completely different in my head, although I did want to use the Inspired by Nature set.  This card was completed by using the braying tool and LOTS of ink.  The gradients in the ink colours are not as clear in the pic as they are in real life, but I have to admit to needing more practice using this tool.  I think it is one of those tools that once you become proficient with it, the world is your oyster.  But you do need to practice!!!

Overall, though, I was happy with the image.  The black flower was also heat embossed with black powder and some dazzling diamonds sprinkled on the heads.  Some shadowing down the sides of the flowers completed the image.

How are you going with your CLEAN AND SIMPLE entry?  I am so excited and looking forward to seeing what people come up with!!

Materials used:
Stamp - Inspired by Nature, Tiny Tags
Ink - So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Early Espresso, Craft White, Crumb Cake (marker)
Cardstock - Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Naturals Ivory
Other - Twine, small circle punch, Small tag punch, black EP, heat gun

3 comments:

  1. I love that stamp Sam and the colours are beautful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful card Sam i love it well done on the brayering too!!!! Thanks for coming over to play again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, if you consider yourself a small fish then I must be a tadpole! lol Your card is awesome, love the gradient background and the embossed flower, a lot of work went into this and it shows!

    ReplyDelete