Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another scrapbook sneak peek


For all your scrappers out there....another layout using some of the yummy goodness that is just waiting for you in the upcoming IBC.  This layout incorporates both paper and fabric BOTH in the same design family!  Yes, that's right, not only is SU! co-ordinating its cardstocks, inks and DSP, but now it is throwing FABRIC into the mix.

You can see the DSP which is the border of the title (the purple paper) is exactly the same as the fabric of some of the flowers.  So matching things is so easy!

No, I DID NOT punch out those doily shapes......this is one of the papers from the DSP pack "Flirtatious".  Lovely stuff.....wanted to use the whole sheet as I nearly couldn't bring myself to cut it.  The journalling is printed onto vellum and is actually much easier to read in real life than in this photo.  And I printed the title directly onto some DSP after I had cut it with the Top Note die through the Big Shot.  And that is how I made the flowers too.....I ran the fabric through the Big Shot using the Flower Folds die.  So simple and easy to do.  I just sewed a button from the Brights pack onto the centre of each flower bundle with some of the linen thread.  Done!

For the card makers out there, I will have another couple of sneak peeks for you in the coming days.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment