Sunday, August 21, 2011

Can it be nearly that time already?

Christmas comes early for cardmakers, because if you want to make your own cards and send them out, you need to be thinking about it NOW and doing something about it in around September or October (early November at the latest).  The biggest trap that people fall into, is leaving it all too late.  I know that it seems waaaaaaay too early to be talking about Chrissy, but honestly, it is only 4 and half months away.  If you want to get cards out, then you really only have 3 months.

So, to get the ball rolling, I have made up a sneak peek using one of the brand new Christmas stamp sets in the upcoming IBC.  This set is oh so cute and has the potential of being made up in so many ways.  For this card, I have stamped the image in Basic Black and then coloured it in with my markers.  I also used watercolour paper, because I knew I would be putting a bit of ink on the paper and I didn't want it to pill or warp.


This set is going to be perfect for my son's teachers come Christmas because it is a more religious one and he attends a Catholic primary.

This second card is one that I very quickly made up using some of the brand new Flirtacious DSP.  This paper featured in my last posted scrapbook layout, but for this card, I simply cut out one of the doily shapes to be the focus of the card.  I also used a new flower stamp as a background and cut a butterfly using the Big Shot out of some of the Flirtacious DSP too.  Oh, and the trim was simply cardstock that I put through the Big Shot using the Tasteful Trim border die (ahhh...there's some info for you!  This die was in the Autumn Winter catty and is going to feature in the upcoming IBC!!)


If you like the idea of being able to easily cut out various shapes for your cards or scrapbook pages, then contact me about nabbing the FINAL spot in my upcoming Big Shot Club.  This monthly club allows you to pay off your Big Shot PLUS a heap of accessories.  For scrappers, the benefit of a Big Shot means that you never, EVER have to run out of vowels for your titles again, because with the alphabet dies, you simply cut the letters you need!  Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment