Monday, August 8, 2011

Card and a half challenge

I am participating in a challenge over at Card and a Half (join me!).  This extra challenge is to make a card that has flowers on it.  Not so hard.......you'd think!

This is my creation....

Now there is a lot going on with this card, AND there is also some non SU! product on there.  Now I want to take pains to make a point about me using non SU! products on my creations.  YES I do use other companies products from time to time - especially on my scrapbooking layouts - but NO I don't generally load them onto this blog.  YES I do believe that you should use what you have in your stash, and NO I don't think you should keep buying stuff that you already have until you use up what you have first.  YES I will identify when I use non SU! product, but NO I will not be promoting them.  Phew!

OK, so what I started with on this card was really the DSP.  I have used the 'Lap of Luxury' on this card and really, I am running against the clock to use up my retiring DSP stash before I can no longer use it.  I fear I will have a bit left over.  However, if you are local to Colac and are free on September 24th, I will be at the St Mary's Garden and Lifestyle Expo and will have a assortment of full and 6x6 sheets of DSP, retired stamps and some ribbon all for sale at HUGE discounts!!  Mark the date in your diaries and come along and say hi to me.  More details to come about what I will have on offer.

Materials used:
Stamp - Elements of Style
Cardstock - White Confetti, Lap of Luxury DSP, Newsprint DSP, Very Vanilla
Ink - Elegant Eggplant
Other - Curly Label punch, lace, Smooch Spritz (silver and gold)
non SU! - Smooch Spritz (log cabin), Epoxy flower Stickers (Kelly Pannaci)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sam! Thanks so much for your comment on my poppies card, and you need not worry . . . I am so NOT a stamper, and wouldn't know what to do with a marker (copic or otherwise) if I had one! I love using vintage images and making them new again! Thanks again! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to smile at your dialogue:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sam... Thanks for playing along xx :-)

    ReplyDelete