Thursday, October 13, 2011

Christmas designs...and a winner!

Before I start this post...I have realised that I have not announced the winner of the "Box of Stampin' Up! Goodies" (worth >$100) that was on offer at the Colac Garden and Lifestyle Expo on September 24th.  So without further ado, I would like to congratulate LYN McMILLAN of Colac.  Your name was pulled out of the box by my husband.  I will arrange to get your prize to you ASAP.  Thankyou to everyone that entered the draw and again, it was great to meet a whole lot of new faces!

It is now the time of year that you need to start thinking about your Christmas cards.  If you like to create from scratch, then start having a look around at all the designs that are out there and the wonderful products on offer.  For their part, SU have some wonderful Christmassy products that you should think about incorporating into your festive projects.

However, if you are someone that would prefer to be handed a design that you can generate a few Chrissy cards, then stay tuned for my upcoming Christmas card kit.  Like last year, it will include most things you need to make about 20 cards.  Details will be released soon.

For my part, I like to have a play with some of my supplies and see what I can come up with.  I particularly like coming up with ideas using stamps and other supplies that were not necessarily created with Christmas in mind.  The card I have for you today showcases this thought process of mine.  You can see that I have used a stamp set that in reality is only partially Christmassy ('Loads of Love' p41) and I have teamed it with 'Well Worn DSP' (p129).  By keeping the colours neutral and throwing in Cherry Cobbler, you can see that it makes an effective Christmas card.




I encourage you to look at your stamps and papers in another way.  For those that would like to see this all in action, over the next month, any workshops that I hold will be focussing on Christmas cards and some of my demonstrations will be showing you how to make festive cards using non Christmas stamp sets.  I am rapidly running out of weekend dates in the lead up to Christmas, so if you would like to secure one, please contact me ASAP to book your workshop, get some great ideas, possibly earn some FREE products and have a great time!!!


AVAILABLE Weekends from now to December:
Sunday 23rd October
Saturday 29th October
Sunday 30th October
Sunday 4th December
Saturday 10th December
Sunday 11th December

I have a number of Friday evenings still available if that suits.  The dates that ARE NOT available are:
Friday 4th November
Friday 11th November
Friday 25th November

No comments:

Post a Comment