Saturday, December 10, 2011

Some Christmas card ideas

I know I have been promising some pictures of Christmas cards.....ugh, time just gets away.  No excuse though.  Here are 2 of my own Christmas cards that I will be handing out this year.  I hope to get on and post some more ideas in the next day or so.


This card is pretty much using up scraps of the DSP "Letters to Santa" that I had left over from various workshops and classes that I have held over October and November.  I teamed it with some of the wonderful Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and the GORGEOUS Silver Glimmer paper that features in the new mini catalogue which is now live!  It is hard to photograph and keep it looking bright and shiny, so I tried again in the picture below....


 ...still not great but gives you the idea.  Suffice to say, it is really spectacular in real life.


This card is a blue and silver version of the one that I made up for all the ladies that attended the SU! dinner last week.  Except, their's was done in Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler cardstocks and Red Glimmer paper.  This one uses the Silver Glimmer paper teamed with Marina Mist and Night of Navy cardstocks.  I also used (on all the cards) the delightful Very Vanilla Velvet ribbon that features in the mini catalogue.  This is beautiful to touch and creates a wonderful tactile addition to your projects.

If you haven't received a mini catalogue as yet and would like to get your hands on a FREE one, simply email me your name and postal details and I will get one in the mail to you next week.

Also remember dates for Christmas postage:

  • For packages containing SU products - order NO LATER than December 15th (that's next Thursday).  These order will come direct from SU! warehouse to you.
  • For Graceful Impression gift certificates that are to be picked up or delivered local to Colac - order BY DECEMBER 22nd
  • For Graceful Impression gift certificates that are required to be posted - order BY DECEMBER 20th and add $1.20 onto your total to cover postage

If these dates are not met, I cannot guarantee that you will receive your purchase in time for Christmas day.

Materials used:
Letters to Santa card:
Stamp - Perfect Punches
Cardstock - Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Glimmer paper - silver
Ink - Cherry Cobbler
Other - Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Large Scallop circle punch, scallop circle punch, dimensionals


Blue Christmas card:
Stamp - Occasional Quotes (retired)
Cardstock - Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Glimmer paper - Silver
Ink - Night of Navy
Other - Big Shot, Very Vintage embossing folder, Lace Border punch, large oval punch, Very Vanilla Velvet ribbon, dimensionals


items in orange appear in the summer mini catalogue 

No comments:

Post a Comment