Saturday, January 28, 2012

Everyday Enchantment DSP

Don't fall off your chairs...I have 2 things to show you today!


The first is a card that I made for my SIL's birthday a couple of days ago.  I wanted to use the new Everyday Enchantment DSP that is on offer in the SAB catalogue.  I was REALLY rushed for time in making this card (literally had 15 mins to make it and get in the car to go to lunch), so I turned to my catalogues for inspiration on what to make.  If you turn to page 10 of the Summer Mini catalogue, you will see where I got the idea from.  This is what the catalogues are great for, and I suggest that you keep them even when they go out of date.  Because when you are in a rush, a rut or a dirty big crafting slump, you can get heaps of inspiration out of the pictures in these babies.  Of course you can copy them directly....I often do!  Nobody said that we have to be 100% unique all the time.

The 2nd item I have for you is this scrapbook layout.


Again, I got the inspiration from flicking through a scrapbook magazine that used small squares of different patterned paper as the background.  I immediately thought of the new Everyday Enchantment DSP and how great it would be to showcase every sheet in the pack to you all.  The picture is of my two daughters - Biddy and Bella - who have both developed the habit of sucking two fingers when they are tired.  They also play with the satin tags on the backs of their clothes at the same time.....strange.  Tom has never done this, so it must be a girl thing in our family.

One thing I do want to point out about how I did it, is the lettering.  I don't own the alphabet dies for the Big Shot, so what I did was pick a font on my computer that was fat and then I enlarged it to the size I wanted.  I also changed the line colour to a light grey - enough that I could see it, but not dark enough that it would be noticable if when I cut out the letters and made a sloppy job of it, that you would see them!  I printed the letters out on my chosen cardstcok and I cut them out using my trusty paper snips and then I used a sponge with some Crumb Cake ink to "dirty" up the edges a bit and create a bit of shadow.

The number '2' I cut out using my Big Shot and one of the numbers die, and this time I used the On Board Sheets that you will find in the Big Shot section of your IB&C.  These are GREAT!

Click on the pictures to see a bigger version.  Check out the materials I used in the lists below.

DON'T FORGET....

  • My Lucky Envelopes - spend $100 and get a lucky envelope, each containing a gift of at least $10 value.  One envelope contains the Stack n Store caddy worth $64.95
  • Any purchase of $100 earns you a FREE item out of the SAB catalogue
  • $100 purchase earns you 1 loyalty reward point 
  • Workshop dates for February are filling fast.  I have an opening on the weekend of Feb 11 or 12 for anyone that is quick to get in.  Plenty of time to invite some guests.
Materials used:
Birthday card
Stamp - Curly Cute
Ink - Soft Suede
Paper - Pool Party and Very Vanilla cardstocks, Everyday Enchantment DSP
Other - Neutral button, hemp twine, gold smooch spritz, In-Colour painted brad

Peas in a Pod layout
Stamp - Calendar Alphabet & Numbers 
Ink - Red Riding Hood marker (on the "2"), Soft Suede ink, Choc Chip marker, Crumb Cake ink, Mahogany Ink (from distressing kit)
Paper - Sahara Sand 12x12, Everyday Enchantment DSP, Lucky Limeade cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, First Edition DSP
Other - Vintage lace, Spice Cake designer buttons, Early Espresso Bakers Twine, Postage stamp punch, small heart punch, Modern label punch, Big Shot, Simple Numbers die, Distressing Kit, On Board sheets

items in orange feature in Summer mini; items in pink feature in SAB catty 


No comments:

Post a Comment