Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gulp.....a big step for me!

Ok, I've taken the plunge and applied for a design team position.  I have wanted to do this for some time, but I wanted to make sure that I could fulfil the commitments.  Plus, there are some constraints on who I can or can't be a DT member for from a Stampin' Up! perspective (ie. because of competing products), so even though sometimes a team might be a good fit for me personally, it didn't gel professionally.

However, there is a call out for the website "STUCK?!" at the moment.  For the first time, they are looking for design team members to work on cards.  The website has predominately been for scrapbookers (of which I have used a couple), but they are now launching into the cardmaking side of things too.

For those of you that have linked onto Mojo Monday through me, this is much the same concept.

So what I had to do in my application was to do the appointed sketch and then send in a bit about myself.  Fingers crossed they like what they see!  I won't stick up the card that I submitted, but I will put up the one that I did, but rejected.  Nothing wrong with it.....I just felt I could do better.

This is the sketch:

Card+CT+App+March+12+start.jpg


...and this is my first attempt (which didn't get submitted)

Wish me luck.  I understand that announcements will be made by the end of February, so at least we are not waiting forever to hear one way or the other!  If you would like to apply as well, click on the link (above) and check out the details.

Materials used:
Stamps: Creative Elements, French Foliage
Paper: Lucky Limeaid cardstock, Everyday Enchantment DSP (SAB)
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Calypso Coral
Other: Pearls, Calypso Coral ribbo (SAB), On Board chipboard, Beautiful Butterflies die, Big Shot, Champagne Shimmer Paint & Isocol mix

No comments:

Post a Comment