Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stamping on DSP

Here is a card that I made after spotting a few different versions around the traps of late.  The main feature is the fact that I have stamped a reasonably solid image over print paper.  This seems to be all the rage at the moment, so I can't credit any one person for the idea.  But to everyone that has done it prior to me and published their pics....I thankyou.


Don't be afraid to use your stamps a bit "willy nilly" either.  On this card, I stamped one image over the top of another image.  This technique can be used to great effect, especially when creating backgrounds.

The other aspect of the card that I have made was to challenge myself.  I made myself pull out a stamp set that I had not used in a while and incorporate it into todays card.  This stamp set is 'Printed Petals' (p81 IB&C).  This was a set that I (ashamedly) purchased and have hardly used, but it is a great little set.  For just $34.95 wood or $27.95 clear, you get 5 stamps that can be used in a variety of ways.

Stamping over printed paper gives you a look that is very different to just stamping on solid cardstock or paper.  It can be further enhanced by heat embossing the image rather than just stamping.  With the range of colours now appearing in the SU! line of embossing powders, you are limited only by your imagination.

I challenge you to pull out a set that you have not used in a while and to create a card.  I'd love to see what you come up with!

DON'T FORGET**  Sale-a-bration is now on.  Spend $100 in a single transaction and you will receive a FREE item out of the SAB catalogue.  Host a $600 workshop and receive a FREE item out of the SAB catalogue.  PLUS, every $100 purchase between now and March 31st will also get you a Lucky Envelope which contains a FREE gift from me to the value of at least $10.

Materials used:
Cardstock - Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, First Edition DSP
Stamps - Printed Petals, Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess)
Ink - Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, More Mustard
Other - sponge, buttons from neutral pack, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Really love your card Sam....you've inspired me to get out that set again!TFSxx

    ReplyDelete