Thursday, May 31, 2012

Convention 2012

Just to let you all know, that I am NOT going to Convention like I planned.  Yes, it is very sad, but with Henry only just on 4 weeks old I really thought I was biting off more than I could chew.  Plus I am still suffering a bit from mastitis I got in the first few weeks.

I know that doing things with a newborn is reasonably easy because they sleep most of the time and fit into whatever you're doing, but because I had to fly to Canberra, I needed to take a hellova lot of stuff with me just for the baby.  The old adage of 'the smaller the person, the bigger the luggage requirement' is totally true!  I had to take a pram, blankets, clothes for about 10 days even though we were only going for 4, nappies, wipes, wraps etc...PLUS the stuff that I needed to take.  Then there would have been all the goodies I most likely would have purchased at Convention.....  Then I had to arrange taxis with carseats...and to do it all by myself....it was just getting a bit much.

So, I made the difficult decision last week to transfer my registration to another demonstrator and pull the pin on going.  I am very sorry not to be going - after all, I won an award, so I would have got to go up on stage! - but we do what we need to do.

Rest assured that I have many friends that are attending and I will be able to get all the information I need to keep you updated.  They will also take some pictures for me of the wonderful and creative cards and projects that will be on display, so I should be able to work those into my workshops and classes too.

Next year, I am DEFINITELY going.  I won't be pregnant or just given birth and Henry will be old enough to live off formula!!

No comments:

Post a Comment