Saturday, May 26, 2012

Scrapbook classes

A layout that I created to showcase some of the new 2012 Autumn Winter mini catalogue products
Since having Henry, I am reminded of why and how I became involved in this craft in the first place.  As many of you know, I am a scrapbooker at heart and I started scrapbooking just prior to the birth of my first child, Tom, back in 2005.  This was to give me a means of freezing moments in time and capturing the important milestone of my children.

Like many of you, my time is precious and I am a notoriously slow scrapbooker, so as my family expanded and my time became even more constrained, the number of scrapbook layouts I have complete have dwindled.  Each child has fewer layouts than the one preceding it.

And here's the rub; I got into scrapbooking because I wanted to capture and record events to hand down to my children, but it was because of my children that I didn't have the time to scrapbook.  A bit of a catch 22. In the end, I have found myself making more cards than anything else because they are quick and rarely require any journalling.

So what's the answer?  Well, like everything in our lives, if it is important enough to us, then we will make time for it.  And this is what I intend to do, otherwise poor Henry will have no scrapbooking album to reminisce over in years to come.

I am guessing that for some of you out there, unless you are provided with the time, means and opportunity, you will find it hard to get involved.  So I am offering scrapbooking sessions during the last half of this year.

I haven't really nutted all the details out, but I would love to get some feedback from you about what you might like to see.  I will be sending out a survey in the next few days which will focus on scrapbooking.  Please take the time to answer it as the responses will help me determine how to offer these sessions.

In the meantime, if you would like to simply contact me to discuss scrapbooking or to order any supplies, please feel free to email or phone me.

No comments:

Post a Comment