Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Calling all SAHMs (Stay at Home Mums)

Eight years ago, I was a regional manager of a large project with the Department of Primary Industries (or Dept of Agriculture if you'd like!).  I had a number of people that reported to me and I was responsible for quite a large budget.  This was all BK (before kids).

Fast forward to Feb 2009 and I found that I was at home with 2 kids (one a newborn), surrounded by Play School, small child chatter and the avalanche of washing that seems to also come with small children.  Living on a rural property, I felt that I had limited contact with the outside world let alone meaningful relationships with people of my own age and interests.

Now don't get me wrong.  I love my kids (of which I now have 4), but I need more.  I felt that somehow in becoming a mum, I had lost who I was.  I had made the decision not to return to DPI - or in fact any paid employment - whilst the kids were little, but I was slowly going mad being cooped up in the house with them.   My attitude was becoming poor because I felt I was missing out on 'doing things'.  After all, I had spent 6 years at uni to be....what?  A housemaid?  Sure, I was confused and increasingly sad.

So I made the decision to join Stampin' Up! and take some control of myself.  I joined in Feb 2009 and I have honestly not looked back.  I have met a while new group of friends that I would never have met if it weren't for SU! - both online and in person.  I have developed skills within myself that I didn't really know that I possessed, and I now feel like I have regained my sense of worth.

Sure, sometimes it is a juggling act when you have small kids (again, I find myself with a newborn), but it really is worth the effort.  I would like to offer the chance to all SAHMs to be part of this great business.  You may think that it is hard to do, but really, it is not.  As I said, I have 4 kids (ranging from 7yo to newborn), run a dairy farm business and my Stampin' Up! business as well.  Add onto that the increasing amount of running around I do with young kids, the household work that needs to be done and the family time I need to allocate.  It sounds like I am SuperMum doesn't it?  No, I am far from that.  I would never profess to hold that title.

What I am trying to say, is that taking the plunge to be a SU! demonstrator is not difficult and it certainly can be worked into your existing life.  What do you have to loose?  Nothing.  What do you have to gain?  New friends, a renewed sense of worth, a small business to call your own, some handy income for yourself, discounts on your purchases, great incentives, a fabbo support network across Australia and the opportunity to do something that YOU want to do.  Something that does not involve the hubby or the kids. And if you feel like you are isolated (either geographically or timewise), this can provide you with the ability to connect to others through a shared interest.

If this sounds like something you would like to do, or even if you just want to have a chat about it all, please contact me.  With the start of the next Annual Catalogue on September 1st, there is no better time than to join up.  And if the worst happens and you don't want to do this, you simply stop.  No questions asked and no penalties at all.  Nothing to pay back, nothing to give back.

So if you want to change your life, give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment