Monday, September 24, 2012

Clean and Simple card

Phew....I have so much new stuff sitting here waiting to be broken into....I can hardly decide where to start!  But for the minute, I have a card for you that uses an older stamp set - Dinoroar - that I made for my son's friend on his 7th birthday recently.
Why I wanted to put this card up, was to (again) remind you that cards do not have to be fiddly, intricate and detailed in order to look good and fit the bill.  Often kids - in my experience, mainly boys - don't really care too much about the cards that they receive.  It is often a better expense of our time to whip up a simple card than to spend a great deal of time on it.

However, you do want you cards to be eye catching and well presented.  This card (in my opinion) does just this.  It took me all of about 4 minutes to create.  With Tom now attending more and more parties and Biddy not far behind (as she will start prep next year), I can see the need to have a stash of these simple cards at the ready.  My intention is to sit down and crank out about 15 of these sorts of cards so that I am not caught on the hop when I receive last minute invitations.

Give something like this a try for yourself.  I'd love to see what you come up with, so shoot me a jpeg of your finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment