Sunday, September 16, 2012

ESAD Annual Catalogue Blog Hop


Good morning everyone.  Ready to be inspired?  I am a member of a group called ESAD and 25 of us are participating in a 'Blog Hop'.  For those that are not familiar with the concept of Blog Hops, it is simply a group of people that have all designed a project or two to showcase particular products.  In this case, we are showcasing items out of the new SU Annual Catalogue!

So what is ESAD?
ESAD stands for "Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators" and it is an on-line group just for Australian and New Zealand Stampin' Up! demonstrators.

We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors, but we share our love for what we do with each other as demonstrators. We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know-how, and cyberstamps, and we are always there to help and support each other when it is needed. So if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand, then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group.

I am the last stop on the Blog Hop and you have most likely arrived here from the talented Karen McGoldric. Today, I am showing you a couple of scrapbook layouts using the Floral Districts DSP and the Comfort Cafe DSP ranges. And just for an added extra, I have also included a couple of cards using those DSP and some matching stamps!

First up is a scrapbook layout using the Comfort Cafe DSP. This pack contains very homely prints that are very easy to use. It also comes in a fabric range and I have incorporated some of this on the layout by making some material flowers, topped with some of the new buttons.

This layout also incorporates some of the new In-Colours; Summer Starfruit is the background cardstock and stamped images, Raspberry Ripple is the title and bird, with Midnight Muse as the stamped images (frames and postage stamp).

close up of the fabric flowers
Comfort Cafe cards
So onto the cards for this range. These cards were so simple to whip up because the DSP does all the work for you.

With this card, I left it pretty simple and only embossed the flower image (from the Fabulous Florets set) with black embossing powder before finishing it off with a sentiment which came from the middle of one of the stamps out of the Layered Labels set and a shock of Cherry Cobbler seam binding with a button and some Early Espresso bakers twine.

My get well card really showcases some of the other DSP in the Comfort Cafe pack. There are just so many choices! I have added the Labels Collections framelits to this card, using 2 sizes. The Victoria lace on this card works in extremely well with the design on the DSP.


OK....onto my second range......Floral District DSP!

This layout not only features the new DSP, but also the stamp set Betsy's Blossoms that matches perfectly. I also used the new In-Colour Primrose Petals as the background cardstock and some of the new stitched grosgrain in Daffodil Delight. The flowers are a mix of new In-Colours and those from our normal colour families. This layout was a fun one to do, but came about because of a mistake in printing. I printed the main picture first and then trying to save photo paper, turned the page around to print the sequence of pics. Alas....they started printing OVER THE TOP of my main pic! I hurriedly stopped the printing, but not in time to avoid some small over printing. The fix? I just stamped a mass of flowers and then positioned them around the main picture, hiding the printing error. See, there are no real mistakes in scrapbooking...only opportunities to put more flowers on!

The cards I made from this range where equally as fun and vibrant. I love this range!

This card uses a few different products that may not be obvious at first glance. I have used the Adorning Accents edgelits on the 3 pieces of matted cardstock. This creates a bit of interest to the card. I have placed buttons in the centre of my flowers from the Brights Button pack and to finish them off, have popped on a rhinestone. The ribbon is simply a piece of the Whisper White taffeta.

This card is a great illustration of using up small scraps of DSP. I simply used some of the scraps left over from other cards and also the scrapbook layout, teamed them with some plain cardstock and stitched grosgrain ribbon and popped on a sentiment from the Loving Thoughts stamp set and some buttons. Easy peasy. A friend commented that it was a 'faux washi tape' look and whilst that wasn't what I set out to acheive, I admit that it does indeed look like that. So I'm going with it. My Faux Washi Tape card!!! LOL.

Thankyou very much for stopping by. I hope you have been just a little bit inspired by what I have done for you. To continue with the Blog Hop, simply head over to the delights of Chloe Evans. If you get lost, here is a list of participating demonstrators:

1. Chole Evans

2. Pauline Bennetts



3. Theresa 'Tess' Schirmer

4. Sharlene Meyer
 
5. Ann Gerlach

6. Corina Beyer

7. Nikki Sadler

8. Andrea Buckland

9. Keryn Campbell

10. Kathryn Ruddick
 
11. Richelle Fletcher
 
12. Jane Norrish

13. Michelle Halling

14. Juilette Chapman

15. Tayna Bell

16. Alisha Watson

17. Narelle Hoggard

18. Rebecca Scurr

19. Delys Cram
 
20. Yvonne Walker

21. Libby Dyson
 
22. Kylie Clemmence
 
23. Monique Fielder
 
24. Karen McGoldric

25. Sam Simpson

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sam. Back again. What gorgeous layouts. I love your Belle's Layout. Yellow and blue are my favourite colours. I will have to look into those papers. You have got me thinking about some making a few cards yours are lovely. Great work again

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Sam you've been a busy girl!! Great cards and layouts :) Thanks for participating in the blog hop and being a part of ESAD :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are great, Sam! Such good use of DSP, they look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, great scrap pages and cards. I just love the Comfort Cafe DSP, I think it will be one of my firm favourites this year.
    Cheers
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff!! My faves are the Comfort Cafe cards and the "faux washi tape" card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you lay outs I don't see a lot of scrapping well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS!! Sam you have really out done yourself. Everything is so beautiful. I love all the cards and can't believe how gorgeous you have made Summer Starfruit look!!

    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, you have been very busy. Your projects are beautiful. I particularly like the scrapbook shares. Your cards are all very elegant, too. Thanks for being part of the Blog Hop - they're lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for all the fabulous inspiration. Gorgeous work Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy you have been busy Sam. great lot of scrap pages and cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - you have been busy Sam. Gorgeous projects. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects, thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of work there, Sam and something for everyone! loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful display of projects! I love the 'Betsy's Blossoms' set! Can be used for so many projects :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your scrapbook pages Sam and the coordinating cards look great. TFS

    ReplyDelete