Sunday, September 23, 2012

Holiday blog hop

**UPDATE**  you may have visited earlier and seen that I missed a link into the blog hop.  Well that's all been fixed and I am now in the loop!  Yay.

Welcome to my little corner of the ESDA Holiday Catalogue Blog Hop.  You may have just joined me from the talented Tanya Bell or you may be starting here.  No probs....just continue on and do the circuit of 25 blogs until you get back to where you started!

So what is ESAD?


ESAD stands for "Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators" and it is an on-line group just for Australian and New Zealand Stampin" Up! demonstrators.

We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors, but we share our love for what we do with each other as demonstrators. We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know-how, and cyberstamps, and we are always there to help and support each other when it is needed.

So if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand, then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group

Onto my creations.  Like last week, I have done a couple of scrapbook pages for you.  For both these scrapbook pages, I have used the Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSPs.  In the catalogue they are both promoted as 'Hallowe'en' products.  I don't know about where you live, but where I do in rural Victoria, celebrating a very American holiday is still very unusual.  It just doesn't happen around us.  As such, I had to think of different ways of using the range.

Now the papers are bold, in your face and brash designs.  But the work amazingly well in a number of ways.  My first layout is of my when my husband bought my eldest son into the hospital to see his newborn brother for the first time (this was only back on May, so it is a very recent photo of all of them).  Whilst I have only used a strip of the Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP on the layout, the colour I chose really set the scene for the rest of the page.  I have also incorporated a number of other new products on this page too:
Illuminate ink (pg 23) (the silvery stamped images in the bottom left and above my hubby).  This is great stuff and works a treat on dark cardstock.  Sort of like a watermark, but with a silvery finish to it.
Cotton ribbon (pg 20).  This is  7/8" wide and you can stamp on it like a dream!  I haven't done this with it on this occasion, but I have stamped on it with fine lettering and it holds the image quality exceptionally well.
Out of the Annual catty I have used the new Naturals designer buttons, Daffodil stitched grosgrain ribbon, Clockworks stamp set, and the new Midnight Muse In-Colour as the background cardstock.

My second page uses a bit more of the DSP.  I love how many of the designs in the pack all work together complimentary.  This one is of my daughter Biddy on one of those reverse bungy thingos.  She is a daredevil and is not scared of heights one bit.  This page has been kept very simple with the embellishments being a number of punched circles that have been distressed around the edges and then layered on top of each other.  A white and a black button from the neutrals pack finishes them off.

I hope you like these pages.  To continue with the Blog Hop, you need to now go onto the wonderful works of Chloe Evans at Chlo's Craft Closet.  Just continue on via the links at the end of each post to travel around the blog hop. If you get lost, I have listed a link to each blog:

1 Chloe Evans

2. Theresa 'Tess' Schirmer

3. Sharlene Meyer

4. Ann Gerlach

5. Corina Beyer

6. Nikki Sadler

7. Andrea Buckland

8. Keryn Campbell

9. Michelle Grech

10. Christie Kunkel

11. Joanne Kechagais

12. Kathryn Ruddick

13. Michelle Halling

14. Juliette Chapman

15. Narelle Hoggard

16. Delys Cram

17. Libby Dyson

18. YvonneWalker

19. Alisha Watson

20. Jane Norrish

21. Kylie Clemmence

22. Kristine Giampietro

23. Monique Feilder

24. Tanya Bell

25. ME!!!


10 comments:

  1. Love the layouts, Sam! Thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it in Sam! I sometimes think I avoid scrap-booking because it is all too complex, your pages have reminded me that they don't have to be complex to look great.
    Thanks
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pages. I especially love your first one. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. great to see your link has been added to the hop, your scrap book pages are beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-( I am glad Tanya didnt forget you, as you your pages a gorgeous, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so not a scapper but seeing your layouts and loving that paper, I think I'll have to try. Great layouts, thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scrapbook pages. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see some scrap book pages in our blog hop. Lovely and thank you for sharing xxTessxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these pages Sam. So need to get scrapping again. These may just get me there.

    ReplyDelete