Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More Chrissy ideas

As promised, here are some more Christmas ideas.
This first card is not my design.  I CASEd (Copy And Share Everything) it from another cardmaker, Canadian demo Tracey Wegener.  Isn't it lovely!  I did have to change a couple of things, but you can barely tell.  I did use a retired Big Shot alpha die - Timeless Type Junior Alphas purely because I don't own the current set yet.  And that's ok.  I would like to own everything in the catty, but I can't.  So go with what you have.

How could you make this card?  Either copy the colours exactly (I used Island Indigo, Baja Breeze and Whisper White along with one of the blue pages from the Festival of Prints DSP stack), or change them to your own.  I will make the same card in traditional colours for you later today to be posted tomorrow.  If you don't have the ability to die cut letters, then you could stamp some letters and cut them out, or you could use some alpha stickers that you have lying around (I know we all have heaps of these!).  The Snow Flurry die that I used in place of the 'O' can be replaced by just making that an 'O' or stamp another snow flurry image and punch it out using a circle punch.  If you don't own the framelits which I used to cut the windows and the mats, then just circle punch for smaller windows, or hand cut using a craft knife.

Give it a go and see what your's comes up like.  Remember, this is no right or wrong; only your own!

The second batch of pics are the cards and tags that the ladies made at my class on Saturday.  We had a lovely time in our new surrounds (the Colac CFA meeting room).  The next class will be held in November and will focus on Christmas treats, so keep an eye on here for details about that.  Places will go fast, so make sure you book in ASAP.
 These tags were created by using the 2 Tags die for the Big Shot and then simply embellishing with punches and various cardstock and glimmer paper (cannot have enough glimmer/glitz at Chrissy!!)
 I used the Hostess set 'Mixed Medley' for the sentiment


 This card uses the 'Merry Minis' stamp set and the matching punch pack, both found on p6 of the Holiday catalogue
 This card and the one below share a peice of glimmer paper that was cut with the framelits and also a piece of DSP form the 'Festival of Prints' DSP stack.  Simply cut the DSP to fit the card front for the card above and use the scrap on the card below.

If you would like me to demo any of these cards - or something else that is Christmassy - for you and your friends, contact me to book a workshop.  Dates are becoming EXTREMELY tight for weekends, so please contact me to reserve your date ASAP.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours in the blue card. A great job Sam.

    ReplyDelete