Monday, October 8, 2012

Simply Scrappin' Kits

Here is a layout that I created yesterday using one of the Simply Scrappin' Kits starting pg 167 in the Annual catalogue.

For those of you that are non scrappers, these kits are fantastic.  You do not need to use them to scrap with - you can create a multitude of cards, knowing that the elements will all work in with one another.

For those of you that are budding scrapper, these kits are fantastic. Plenty of product to get you going and to ensure that everything will look good.  It is almost impossible to "stuff it up"!

For those of you that are experienced scrappers, these kits are fantastic.  For a long time, I resisted buying them because I (mistakenly) thought that I could do just as good myself buying bits and pieces here and there.  Well I can do this, but honestly, why bother?  Well, why bother all the time?  Sometime, the simplest of scrap layouts are the best and with this kit, you get heaps of stuff all designed to work together.  You can always add to it with stuff out of your own stash.

On this layout, I used the 'Afternoon Daydream' kit and with the exception of the Primrose Petal marker (to journal, do the title and the hand drawn border), some pearls, and a sentiment stamp (from 'Pursuit of Happiness' set) with some Early Espresso ink, the entire thing is done from the kit.  And I have a HEAP left over.  I'm not joking....I should have taken a picture of what I had left.

I am going to use some more of the kit to make a heap of cards.  Actually, I will use just half the kit to make a heap of cards to show you just how far these kits can go.  And I will STILL have left overs.  I promise.

A quick technique tip: to make your die cut stickers (from the kit) into cardstock embellishments that you can layer - as I have done with the medallion flower - all you need to do is grab an embossing buddy and tap it over the back of the die cut sticker until the stick no longer....well....sticks.  Then use dimesionals or foam tape to layer it off the page to create a 3D look.  Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment