Thursday, December 13, 2012

2012 Christmas dinner

Last night I held my annual Christmas dinner.  It is getting bigger each year which is fantastic to see.  15 ladies attended this year and they all made a Christmas card which was swapped.  I got them to leave the inside blank (or unwritten on) so that the recipient could gift it away again - hence sharing the stampin' love a bit more!

Well...the standard of the cards was UNBELIEVABLE.  Silly me didn't take any photos of them (sigh), but they ranged from cards with bling, to religious cards, to ones with hand sewing on them (!), ones with multiple layers, interactive cards and cards incorporating techniques that I had shown over the past 12 months.

I was very proud of each and every one.

As for my cards, I gave each lady a card and Stampin' Santa gave a gift box.  Again....I forgot to take pictures of the gift box.  The gift boxes (which were our Kraft boxes on p161 of the catty) contained some DSP, a shaker frame, a spritzer bottle, a pack of SU! playing cards and some festive M&M's packaged up in our new 1x8" cello bag.  For those ladies that were also quilters, I substituted the cards for a share of one of the fabric ranges.

Here are some pics of the night:
That's me in the centre in the green t.shirt
from R: my mum (Lynne), Lorraine, Betsy & Carol
Julie...my tupperware lady!
This is Michelle....our uber talented stamper.  She almost puts me to shame!  She certainly pushes me to come up with bigger and better projects!
This is Terri (holding baby Henry who just had to come along for the night!).  We will miss Terri as she is moving to Canberra in the New Year.  We are very sad.....
The lovely Lil
from R: Marie, Barb and Heather
I think I am missing a picture of Tammy.....where did you go Tammy????  LOL. And my MIL - Judy -  just snuck into one of the pics...she is to the right of me in the top pic (I'm looking at her)

This is a close up of the card that I gave to each lady....easily done.
This shows the two designs I made....exactly the same except different DSP and glimmer stars.
It was a great night and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and their goodie boxes!

1 comment:

  1. Your cards look so elegant Sam. Looks like you all had a wonderful evening. Henry included.

    ReplyDelete