Friday, February 22, 2013

'For You' card

Here is a little card for you for Friday.  A quick card that I whipped up using a couple of new products out of the Seasonal Catalogue.  The Tea for Two DSP is simply divine.  I love it so much, I am finding ways to use it.  My upcoming March class will also feature this DSP range - so stay tuned!!
This card uses the Tea for Two DSP coupled with one of the paper doileys which are on pg 5 of the catty.  To make the doily stand out a bit and to also blend it into the DSP (because it is stark white), I did sponge it a little with Soft Suede ink and gave it a little squirt with the gold Smooch Spritz.  I then simply folded it in half and adhered it to the card front.  The two strips of DSP up the top and down the bottom where punched with a border punch before adhering.  I also used the Layered Labels stamp set coupled with the Apothecary Accents framelits (which matches the stamp in this set).  For the middle of the stamp though, I punched the sentiment part using the oval punch so that it stood out.  It helped that I did it in another colour too.

A bit of thin taffeta ribbon, some rhinestones and a squirt of shimmer paint mixed with isocol (on the butterfly) and the card was complete!

Would love to see your creation.  Why not try your version of this card??

Materials used:
Stamps - Layered Labels, Papillon Potpouri, French Foliage
Cardstock - River Rock, Naturals Ivory, Tea for Two DSP
Inks - Chocolate Chip, Summer Starfruit, Calypso Coral, Soft Suede
Other - Rhinestones, Taffeta ribbon, Paper Doiley, dimensionals, Smooch Spritz, Shimmer paint, Apothecary Accent framelits, large oval punch, butterfly punch, Big Shot 
*items in ORANGE are listed in the Seasonal Catalogue

No comments:

Post a Comment