Sunday, February 24, 2013

'Vintage Tea' card

Ok another card for you.  This one uses the Tea for Two DSP and a number of other things out of the new Seasonal Catalogue.  For this card, I needed a real vintage feel to it, so I incorporated the 'That's the Ticket' stamp set (and matching punch) with a punched label using the decorative label punch which I had stamped with some vintage-y type images.  These I took from the 'Established Elegance' and 'French Foliage' stamp sets.  I also incorporated some of the lace out of the 'Artisan Embellishment kit' that I had left over from my scrapbooking class the other day.  Not wanting to break into a new kit just to use the buttons, I grabbed 3 flowers from the flower trim and stuck them on.  I finished the look with a large pearl and one of the 'Tea Time Trinkets' .

Want to see this card in real life?  Want me to demonstrate it for you and your friends and show you just how easy it is to re-create?  Well, book a workshop with me and I would be happy to run you through the steps.
This card was reasonably simply to construct, although it does have a number of different elements to it, which means it did take a little time to do.  Of course, this sort of card is not just for anyone, and it is nice to create detailed cards to give to those you know will really appreciate them!

Materials used:
Stamps - Established Elegance, That's the Ticket, French Foliage
Cardstock - Naturals Ivory, Lucky Limeade, Tea for Two DSP
Inks - Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede
Other - Artisan Embellishments kit (lace), large pearl, Tea Time Trinket, Top Note die, Big Shot, Scallop Trim border punch, decorative label punch, stampin sponge, flower trim, ticket punch, shimmer paint in isocol.
items in ORANGE feature in the Seasonal catalogue

No comments:

Post a Comment