Sunday, July 7, 2013

Got 5 minutes?

Honestly...it only took me about 5 minutes to create this scrapbook layout from scratch.  Using MDS, it takes no time at all to do your scrapbooking.  To help me along a bit, I chose the colour scheme of blue, red and white from the Mood Board Challenge #4 over at Jot Magazine.
I know that some of you have shied away from doing digital scrapbooking due to the perceived problems with printing out 12x12 layouts.  I know that some of the bigger shops (like Officeworks, Big W, etc) do have some large format printing, but I have also recently discovered - much to my dismay - that unless you are local to these shops, they are not a simple answer as they are rarely do same day printing.  Frustrating when you live 1+hrs away.

I have found a local printer who does large format printing.  Tim Lucas of Digital Nature supplied me with a few prints that I created using MDS for my stand at the Picture to Page Scrapbook and Papercraft show a couple of weeks back.  When you see your layouts in print compared to on the computer screen, the difference is mind blowing!

I suggest that until SU! release a commercial printer for their MDS software, that you shop around for your printing needs.  Most likely, for the majority of crafters, your home printer will be fine as anything A4 or below is able to be printed using your own printer.  For traditional 12x12 scrapbook layouts, unless you own a A3 printer (or larger), you will need to outsource.

I tend to save mine up and send them off at once as you might be able to negotiate a bulk deal with a local printer (plus, most of them will want to print at least 2 12x12's as this is more efficient use of the printing paper).

If you would like to talk to me a bit more about digital crafting, including scrapbooking, please get in touch.  I am now able to offer in-home MDS intro sessions and with a 30 day FREE trial, you are able to have a play before you commit any money.

No comments:

Post a Comment