Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Vintage Christmas challenge...PRIZE available!!

As I mentioned in my newsletter that went out recently, it is NOW that we need to start thinking about our Christmas card designs if we are intending to make them this year.  After all, it is (scarily) not that long until Christmas.

The workshops that I have been running recently - including one tomorrow - are focussing on Christmas projects.  I have been humming away at home, making things out of the Holiday catalogue.  I just received some of the single Christmas stamps in the mail today for a couple of customers and I was so surprised and pleased with the size of them, that I am rethinking my own Christmas card designs!!  Oh dear....another order is coming I feel!!!

To get you all thinking of Christmas (if you aren't already), I am putting a challenge to you.  And this is one to play along and possibly win a PRIZE!!!

I would like you to make a VINTAGE CHRISTMAS CARD.  Sound hard?  Don't have any vintage stamp images in your stash?  Well let me put this to you......have a look at your stamps in a brand new light.  Think about how some of them could be used in a different way.  You may find that a completely non Christmas set can be indeed used for the festive season.  Think about vintage colours and textures as well.  Whilst I would love you to stick as much to SU! products as possible, feel free to pop on some other trinkets that may help your project.

For those of you that play along, I will be giving away a pack of Season of Style Washi Tape (p25) AND a set of the Season of Style Designer Journaling Tags (p22).  Simply link your image by using the link button at the top of this blog (I will leave the link list at the top of the blog until the competition ends).

I will post a photo of my vintage Christmas creation Sunday....I want you to have a think first and not be too influenced by my style!  Good luck.

(*disclaimer: prize will be awarded based on judges decision [me and my hubby!].  A minimum of FIVE (5) separate user links must be received for prize to be awarded - so pass on the message to other crafters to enter!  Postage is included if required. Existing SU! demos are ineligible for prize, but please feel free to link your creation....just type 'demo' after your name).

No comments:

Post a Comment