Tuesday, September 17, 2013

CASE study challenge


Hi all.  I have been motivated to enter a card into this month's CASE study challenge.  The card posted by Kathy Racoosin was the one to inspire us all this month, and I really loved the colour columns on the card front.  I've taken that aspect as the main focus for my card, but I also added the Pleasant Poppies stamp to the left side in an effort to emulate her flower.

So what did I do?
Super easy card this one.  I started with some watercolour paper and I spritzed it liberally with water before I put any ink on it.  I inked up one of my clear mount blocks with ink - that's right, just the acrylic block...NO stamp at all - and then banged it down on the watercolour paper and then dragged it down.  That's it.  Super easy.  I used three of the new in-colours: Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding.  The Pleasant Poppies image was embossed in black purely because my black ink pad is playing up and doesn't want to stamp in a nice crisp image.....(norty thing!).  I wound some linen thread around the front and popped a sentiment on it using the Heloo, Lovely stamp set.  I then matted the whole thing onto some So Saffron card.

What do you think?  I wasn't sure how it was going to come out, but I quite like it.  As I said, this is super easy to do....give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment