Monday, September 23, 2013

Ronald McDonald House Fundraiser

For those of us with kids, we know how much worry we go through when one of our children are unwell.  You are filled with anxiety for them.

Well imagine if your child was sick enough to be admitted to hospital.  In Melbourne.  And you live in country Victoria or another state.  And this all happens in the blink of an eye.  And you have no relatives, friends, support networks to call on.

What do you do?  Where do YOU go to recharge your batteries?  And what if you are there for MONTHS?  Think about it.

Well this is exactly the case for more than 7000 families every year around Australia.  Those families are assisted by Ronald McDonald House Charities who provide a bed, food and a welcoming living environment (not to mention a shoulder to cry on).

As most of you know, I have 4 kids of my own, two of which have medical issues.  One of them has required hospitalisation in another town.  While we were very lucky in that Biddy (my daughter) did not have to stay long in hospital (3 days), I now have the empathy for those families that have to battle it out over a longer period of time.  And especially where their child is critically unwell.

As a demonstrator in country Victoria, I can't do very much in the way of volunteering at RMH.  I can't go and make beds, or do their shopping, or go and clean a few rooms.  But what I can do, is make some cards that the residents of the house can use whenever they need for various occasions.  I can also raise money to help offset the costs of running these vitally important resources.

As I have already mentioned in my monthly newsletter, I am running a HUGE fundraiser for RMHC on OCTOBER 26th in Colac.  Cost is $40 per person and everything, including lunch and refreshments, is supplied.  The day will run from 10am through to 4pm and during this time, we will all be making 4 cards - 1 which you will keep and 3 to donate - have guest speakers, door prize, prize patrols, demonstrations, guessing games and MORE!  Also, each guest will receive a gift bag containing some craft gear.

Registrations are now open.  Bookings and payments must be received by OCTOBER 14th.  Due to seating and insurance, I am limited to how many people can attend.  SO DON'T MISS OUT.  I already have a fair number of people booked in, and we have some wonderful sponsors on board as well.

Contact me today to book your place.  Payments can be made in cash (to me personally), or posted cheque or deposit in my bank account.  Contact me for postal address or bank details.

This day is shaping up to be a FANTASTIC day for all and I am really excited to share it with you all.  I would like to stress that this day is not only for hard core cardmakers.  Even if you have never picked up a piece of cardstock and tape, you will be FINE.  There will be helpers available to step you through the whole process.  I am hoping as many novice cardmakers as possible attend, just to show you how great this can be!

Go HERE to see the flier for the day, and PLEASE pass this info along to anyone that you think might be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment