Wednesday, February 12, 2014

and another Everyday Impressions!

I've been in Melbourne until early this afternoon and I only just managed to get this card done!  This card is for a special friend of mine that just recently made a wonderful achievement!  It's very nice to make a card for an actual purpose rather than just making sample cards.

So this is the inspiration....
my son's hair wax
...and here is the card.
Obviously, the colour scheme and the text layout were what I drew the majority of the inspiration from.  The silver paper that I used is our silver foil cardstock and I simply stamped the flourish in Versamark and heat embossed in white emboss powder (told you I love this technique!)

To make the card round, I used my circle framelits.  Just make sure that when you are making the base that you allow some of the card to NOT get cut by the framelit, otherwise you will end up with 2 big scallop circles rather than having the joined.  Mine is joined at the top under the ribbon.

I will be posting one of this Everyday Impressions project each day for 7 days.  On the last day, I invite you to join me in doing this.  I will post a Everyday Impressions item and you need to draw inspiration from it.

The other thing that I want to draw your attention to about this card was the text on the blue section.  This was created in MDS using a number of different bits and pieces.  It was very simple to do and because I could resize everything with ease, I could make it fit exactly how I wanted.  Because this card is made up of both traditional cardmaking products and digital resources, this is known as a hybrid card.  So if you are a traditionalist cardmaker, don't dismiss the notion of incorporating some MDS into your projects.  Your world will definitely open up by using it.  Because NOTHING runs out!!!

Materials used:
Cardstock - Whisper White, Silver Foil
Stamps - Petal Parade
Ink - Versamark
Other - Midnight Muse stitched satin ribbon, white emboss powder, My Digital Studio
Items in ORANGE feature in the SAB catalogue

No comments:

Post a Comment