Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Another Everyday Impressions project

As promised, here is my second Everyday Impressions project.  I should say, that not all the things I put up will be cards.  Some will be scrapbook pages, some of them party favours, others will be home decor.  Just whatever takes my fancy really!

Today's card was inspired by a product I use a lot.  I mean it.  A. LOT.  After the cupcake wrapper, this was really the next thing that grabbed my eye.  And with the new Starburst Framelits, I just knew how this was going to take shape.  Super quick and easy.

First, the inspiration.....
 ...and now, the card.
This is pretty self explanatory really.  The card layout could easily be made to give to any age group or sex, just by changing the baby sentiment and the colour scheme.  If you are stuck for how to combine colours, then turn to your trusty Colour Coach.  Don't have one?  Then you NEED one!  I use mine all the time.  Add one to your next order.  Quick!

The Starburst sentiment was stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed in white on top of MArina Mist cardstock.  I love heat embossing and to be honest, my heat gun is the only thing I have at the ready all the time.  It is forever plugged in, so this becomes a real 'go to' technique or tool when I want to put a bit of WOW onto my cards.

Play along.  Find something around your house and challenge yourself to make a card.  It's really super simple!

Oh, and FYI...the Starburst Sayings and the Starburst Framelits are able to be bought in a bundle....saving you 15%!!!!

Materials used:
Cardstock - Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Marina Mist, So Saffron
Stamps - Dictionary, Starburst Sayings, Bitty Banners
Ink - Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Versamark
Other - Sponge, White emboss powder, heat gun, White taffeta ribbon, Itty Bitty Banners Framelits, Starburst Framelits, 
Items marked in PINK feature in the Occasions catalogue

No comments:

Post a Comment