Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 5 Everyday Impressions project

How are you going, following along with this?  Is this series of projects stirring some creativity inside of you?  Am I helping you to see how everyday items around your house can easily transpose into a card or other project?

Today I have THE EASIEST card known to man.  Honestly.  This one has been swimming around in my mind for ages...possibly years...and I finally did something about it.  But not before SU! did something similar as well (sheesh....).  I'll get back to that.

So here is the inspiration for the project....
my son's undershirt
....and here is the card.
(in my finished version, I actually put faux stitching using the chalk pen around the edge of the black box)
The background on the card was achieved by simply using three different colour markers (in this case, Real Red, Pear Pizzazz and Bermuda Bay and drawing lines across the page using the thick (brush) end of the marker.  That's it!  The stamp image was from the Cool Kid set and the dog was heat embossed with Early Espresso and the saying with white.  Simple, easy, eyecatching and kid friendly.  And such a time saver!  Do one yourself and see how easy it is!

Oh, and the work that SU! beat me to the punch on this with?  See page 5 of the SAB catalogue.  You'll see what I mean.  Sigh.....
Materials used:
Cardstock - Whisper white, Basic Black
Stamps - Cool Kid 
Ink - Real Red, Pear Pizzazz and Bermuda Bay markers, Versamark ink
Other - Early Espresso and White embossing powders, chalk pen (in other finished version)
items in PINK feature in the Occasions catty

No comments:

Post a Comment