Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 7 of Everyday Impressions

Here is it.  We finally got through a week of cards.  Did you enjoy it?  Are you ready to do it for yourself?  Well, check back tomorrow for the Everyday Impression that I will post for you to make a project from.  Exactly what I have been doing for the past week.  It is super easy and helps you get out of a crafting block!

For this round's final project, my husband, Mark, actually chose the inspiration for me.  I was looking at something else and he fronts up with this!  Mind starts ticking over and this is what I came up with....

Here is the inspiration....
sorry ladies....it is empty.  Courtesy of my hubby!
....and here is the card.
I stuck with the shape of the design on the box and initially I was just going to do the whole card white. But then I thought, "why not step it up a notch and introduce the window sheets?"  So I did.  I improvised on the silver writing by adding a pattern from the Mosaic Madness set around the outside of the box.  I actually added to it, because if you look on the chockie box, there is no writing down the bottom.  But that didn't make my card look centred.  So I added the strip along the bottom too.  This was heat embossed using silver (gee...I have done a lot of heat embossing on these cards!  If you want to learn the technique, give me a call and I am happy to show you and some friends just how quick and easy it is to do!)

Because the whole card is see through, there is not a lot of room to write your message.  So to overcome this and to also hide all of my adhesive work, I simply cut a matching piece of white cardstock for the inside of the front cover and stuck it down with dimensionals.  And tada!  Somewhere to write a message!
If you have never worked with the window sheets, then you should give it a go.  They are really easy to work with and can really add a wow factor to your cards.  I mean, they are just so unusual and not something that you would buy in the newsagents!

Don't forget....come back tomorrow for YOUR project and have a go at doing this sort of thing yourself!!!  I hope you have enjoyed yourself with this series!

Materials used:
Cardstock - Whisper White, Window Sheets
Stamps - Petite Petals*, Creative Elements, Loving Thoughts
Ink - Real Red, Versamark
Other - Silver embossing powder, Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Petite Petals punch*
Items in PINK feature in the Occasions Catalogue
*You can buy the Petite Petals stamp set AND the Petite Petals punch as a bundle and save 15% on the usual price (if purchased separately).  See page 33 in the Occasions Catty.

No comments:

Post a Comment