Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm back....with the next Everyday Impressions instalment

Sorry for the delay in posting these projects.  A HUGE problem at my house.  I spilt coffee all over my laptop keyboard.  Disaster.  Coffee running out of places that no coffee should ever go.  I nearly cried....but not as much when I got the quote to fix it.  OMG.  I need to sell a heap more Stampin' Up! product.

Luckily, I got it into the fix-it shop right away and being a Mac, there was minimal damage.  Although that minimal damage can prove to be quite expensive in the long run.  The keys were sticking and some moisture made its way into the inner workings.  At first I thought I would need to replace the keyboard (top plate) but as the day has progressed and I have used it more, the keys have freed up and are working fine.  Time will tell if the innards corrode, but I hope we dried it all out fast enough.

Anyhow...that is why there was a hiccup with my uploading of projects for this.  But, we are back to normal programming and I bring you DAY 4 in the series of....
Today's card was easy enough to construct, but I did struggle over which image to use.  I have discovered that I have a distinct lack of kiddie stamps (images for kids).  I need to rectify this.  But I did have this little single stamp on hand and seeing as it had only seen ink once, I thought it might be nice to break it out.

So, here is the inspiration...
the box from one of my kid's crockery sets
...and here is the card

close up of the stamped image
Easy enough to see that the colouring and the background design were what I drew from, and the bold type up the top and the lines of text down the bottom.  I did, however, forget to add a touch of red in there, but....meh!  I think it's fine.

I added a touch of bling to this image (the treasure chest) by using some of the gold glitter that can be found in our Occasions catty (p32), which is a carry over item from the previous Holiday catty.  As for colouring the image in, I used my ink pads and my blender pen.  I went a bit crazy adding colour to my fishes and I did get a bit of pilling, but this is more a technique thing and because I haven't practiced this enough lately, I found I rubbed way more than I should have.

I f you would like to learn how to use blender pens and existing ink pads to colour in your images, then simply book a workshop with me and I would be happy to show you and some friends how to do it.  And holding a workshop during SAB is even better, because you can earn SO MANY freebies, by doing nothing more than placing an order!

Or, if you would like to learn how to do a heap of techniques, I am starting a NEW techniques club VERY SOON.  Come along and learn how to get more use out of the tools you buy and learn some cool stamping and cardmaking techniques.  These hints and tips will transform your cardmaking!

Contact me today.

Stay tuned tomorrow for the next Everyday Impressions project!

Materials used:
Cardstock - Marina Mist, Pool Party, Whisper White
Stamps - One in a Million, Fishin' Around
Ink - Soft Sky, Pool Party, Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Stazon
Other - itty bitty punch pack, gold glitter, two way glue
items in PINK feature in the Occasions catty

No comments:

Post a Comment