Monday, March 31, 2014

A quick pic before it goes

Hi all,

a quick pic of a scrapbook layout I completed last night using some of the items out of the SAB catalogue which finishes TONIGHT!!
So what have I used on here that you can get for free form SAB?  I have used 3 items - the Banner Punch, the co-ordinating Banner Blast stamp set and the cork embellishments out of the Sweet Sorbet accessories pack.

On this layout, I have incorporated a few "messy" techniques, namely using good old white paint.  I don't have a particular brand I use....just anything that is lying around.  I dry brushed this onto my cardstock (under the where the photo is and the bottom right corner) and then let it dry (ok.....I 'helped' i a bit with my heat gun 'cause I am pretty impatient!!!).  I also used some chipboard alphas (again, just some I had in my very old scrapbook stash) and I painted them with the white paint too and let dry.  Once these were dry, I used my Real Red ink pad and tapped it on the painted letters and then using my finger, I smudged the ink around.  I then used my sanding block to give it a bit of a vintage feel.

Oh my stars, this has just been a fantastic SAB this year, but you still have time to get your hands on some freebies.  Simply order online (by 11.59pm) or shoot me through an email (by 10pm) and you can grab one or more of the products I have used on this layout!

Materials used:
Cardstock - Core-dinations Pool Party, Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Whisper White
DSP - Quatrefancy Specialty
Stamps - Banner Blast, Six Sided Sampler, Remember This and That rotary stamp, Make Note rotary stamp, Dictionary background, That's the Ticket
Ink - Real Red, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Baked Brown Sugar, Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake marker, Early Espresso marker
Other - Hexagon punch, Ticket punch, Banner punch, Linen thread, Sponge, Sanding Block, Sweet Sorbet Accessories kit, staple
Non SU! products - Chipboard alphabet, Alphabet stickers, White paint

No comments:

Post a Comment