Wednesday, April 16, 2014

CASEd card for CASE STUDY!

Doesn't the saying go "If at first you don't succeed, try and try again"?  Well, this is my second attempt to gain a spot on the design team for CASE STUDY.

I have been following Case Study for some time now.  It is an inspiring blogsite, full of amazing artists and I truly hope that I can be counted among them as a fellow artist!

For a long time, one of my favourite cardmakers is Ashlee Canon Newell.  She is so talented and I am constantly blown away by some of the projects that she creates.  One day, when I grow up, I want to be just like her!!! LOL.

This one card of hers struck me in particular as one to case, because I am not great at doing black and white cards.  I'm not particularly great at geometrical cards either.  And this card incorporated both of these design traits.  However, I love the b&w look and once I finish a particular card I like, I wonder to myself why I don't do more of them!

So without further ado, here is my card...
....and here is Ashlee's card
Some obvious similarities, but with case-ing cards, you have to adapt what you see to what you have.  I stuck with all Stampin' Up! products and I think they did a beautiful job.  After all, with high quality products, it is hard to make too many mistakes!!  I achieved the bright colour and the blacker than black sentiment by using embossing powders.  Love that stuff!!

Wish me luck in my attempt to become a CASE STUDY Design Team Member.

Materials used:
Cardstock - Basic Black, Whisper White, Soft Sky
DSP - Modern Medley
Stamps - Hello, Lovely!, Fabulous Florets
Ink - Versamark
Other - Melon Mambo emboss powder, Black emboss powder, heat gun

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The B&W background and pop of color from the roses is so BOLD and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete